The Planning Department is responsible for managing land use and the associated regulation that governs land use. The Department also considers long term policy issues that are shaped by land use and growth, such as affordable housing, preservation of green space and transportation.
The Zoning Bylaw is the primary bylaw that regulates land use, it provides direction on what type of use can be done on a property, the density of development, and where and what size buildings can be built.
The Official Community Plan (OCP) is the long term vision for how the Village will develop and accommodate future growth.
For municipal planning related questions please contact the Manager of Development Services.
Planning Department Applications & Bylaws
Our Planning Department related documents are listed below. Simply click on the document you wish to open. The PDF application forms can be filled in online – ensure you save the form to your desktop first so that
- Development Variance Permit Application *
- Subdivision Application *
- Rezoning Application *
- Development Procedures Bylaw No. 553-2016
- Zoning Bylaw – Consolidated No. 568-2017
* These PDF application forms can be filled in online – ensure you save the form to your desktop first so that you do not lose your data.
Click here to view our Village of Anmore municipal planning maps.
Infill Development – Click on the items below to view.
- February 20, 2018 Regular Council – Staff Report to Council
- March 6, 2018 Regular Council – Staff Report to Council
- May 5, 2018 Regular Council ~ Decision to hold Public Hearing
- May 15, 2018 Regular Council – Staff Report to Council
- June 12, 2018 Public Hearing newspaper advertisement
- Draft OCP Amendment
- Draft Infill Development Policy
- March 6, 2018 Staff Report – Presenting OCP Amendment and Policy
- GP Rollo Report on CAC’s for Infill
- February 2017 Staff Report – Addressing Issues and Impact of Infill Development