Anmore Civic Building
Anmore Civic Building
In December 2019, the Village awarded the Detailed Design contract for the new Civic Building to Johnston Davidson Architecture. Work will begin early in the New Year on the detailed design, which will be based on the Concept Design developed by staff and Anmore Council. The concept design includes the space requirements and general layout for the desired function of the new community building. It can be viewed HERE.
Anmore Council wants your feedback as we develop the design of our first newly constructed community amenity space. Watch out for opportunities to provide feedback through our website, social media platforms and weekly notification emails and check back here for updates as we move through the design and construction phases!
February 18, 2020 Update: The architect who is working on the detailed design for the Civic Building is developing a community engagement plan that we expect will be rolled out toward the end of March/early April. We have asked that the consultation include public feedback on the design being proposed. We will also want to hear from residents about the “look and feel” of the building. We will update the project web page with a summary of the progress we are making and the dates for the consultation planned early Spring, so please check back here regularly!
The following is a list of open, public meetings, where information was posted and there was an opportunity for the public to provide input:
- Council awarded the detailed design for the Civic Building at the Regular Council meeting on December 16, 2019
- Council also considered (but deferred the decision on) the award of the detailed design of the Civic Building at the Regular Council meetings on November 19 and December 3, 2019
- Council received information about funding options at the July 22, 2019 Finance Committee meeting
- Council directed staff to proceed with the detailed design of the Civic Building at a Special Council meeting on July 22, 2019 for a project budget of $750,000
- Council identified the construction of a Civic Building as part of their 2019-2022 Council Strategic Plan (adopted at Regular Council meeting May 21, 2019)
- Council adopted the Village Centre Site Development plan (which included a new civic building as part of the plan) at a Regular Council meeting held on February 20, 2018
- The Village held a Site Development Plan Open House on January 23, 2018
More information to be posted as it becomes available.