Voter Information Guide
General Voting (In Person)
General voting will take place at Anmore Elementary School Gymnasium on Saturday, October 15, 2022 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Advance voting will take place at Anmore Elementary School Gymnasium on Wednesday, October 5, 2022 from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
You may vote in the Village of Anmore or School Trustee (Anmore-Belcarra) election as either a resident elector or a non-resident property elector:
Resident electors must be:
- 18 years of age or older
- a Canadian citizen;
- a resident of British Columbia since April 14, 2022
- a resident of Anmore
- not be disqualified from voting
Non-resident property electors must be:
- 18 years of age
- A Canadian citizen
- A resident of BC since April 14, 2022
- A registered property owner in the Village of Anmore for at least 30 days before registering to vote
- Not disqualified from voting
To register as a non-resident property elector at the time of voting you will need proof of property ownership and identification:
- Property tax notice/certificate
- Property assessment notice from BC Assessment
- State of Title Certificate
- Title Search
- If applicable, written consent of a majority of the registered owners on title
- Two pieces of identification as listed above for resident electors
Vote by Mail
Any voter can apply to vote by mail. Application forms will be available online or for pick up at Village Hall at the end of August (date to be confirmed).
To vote by mail:
- Complete vote by mail application available end of August (date to be confirmed) online or at Village Hall, 100 Buntzen Creek Road, Anmore.
- Return the completed application either in person to 100 Buntzen Creek Road, Anmore, by mail to 2697 Sunnyside Road, Anmore or by email.
- If your application is complete, a mail ballot will be provided as indicated in your application (mail, pick up) at the end of September (date to be confirmed).
- Mail ballots must be returned to the Chief Election Officer before the close of voting at 8 p.m. on Saturday, October 15, 2022.
The Village of Anmore uses Election BC’s Provincial Voters List to identify registered voters for municipal elections. If you are not already on the voters list you may register to vote through Elections BC.
You may also register in person at the polling place on election day by providing two pieces of identification (at least one with a signature). Acceptable identification includes:
- BC Driver’s Licence
- BC Services Card (photo or non-photo)
- Owner’s certificate of insurance issued by ICBC
- BC Care Card (must be separate from BC Driver’s Licence to be second piece of ID)
- Provincial Social Assistance FORM SDES8
- Social Insurance Card or confirmation of Social Insurance Number letter issued by the Government of Canada
- Citizenship Card
- Property Tax Notice (current)
- Credit card or debit card
- Utility bill such as cable services, electricity, gas, telephone services