Find out what happens to food scraps after they are picked up from curbside organics collection and why it’s important to not put plastic bags – even if they’re labeled biodegradable or compostable – in your municipal organics bin. You can view the video HERE .
The 2-minute video covers the following topics:
- Awareness of organics ban
- Which organic waste can go in the green bin
- What happens to food buried in the landfill (environmental impact)
- What happens at local compost facilities (benefits)
- Plastic bag contamination