The Planning Department is responsible for managing land use and the associated regulation that governs land use. The Department also considers long term policy issues that are shaped by land use and growth, such as affordable housing, preservation of green space and transportation.
The Zoning Bylaw is the primary bylaw that regulates land use, it provides direction on what type of use can be done on a property, the density of development, and where and what size buildings can be built.
The Official Community Plan (OCP) is the long term vision for how the Village will develop and accommodate future growth.
For municipal planning related questions please contact our Manager of Development Services, Chris Boit.
Planning Department Applications & Bylaws
Our Planning Department related documents are listed below. Simply click on the document you wish to open. The PDF application forms can be filled in online – ensure you save the form to your desktop first so that
- Development Variance Permit Application *
- Subdivision Application *
- Subdivision Application Process
- Rezoning Application (including infill) *
- Development Procedures Bylaw | Bylaws are listed in alphabetical order and can be viewed HERE.
- Zoning Bylaw – Consolidated | Bylaws are listed in alphabetical order and can be viewed HERE.
* These PDF application forms can be filled in online – ensure you save the form to your desktop first so that you do not lose your data.
Anmore South Updates
Click here to view information about the Anmore South land and future development considerations.
Click here for information about current Public Hearings.
Click here for information about the Public Hearing Process.
Click here to view our Village of Anmore municipal planning maps.