Anmore Green Estates Sewer Project
Anmore Green Estates Sewer Project
The Anmore Green Estates (AGE) sewer project involves a comprehensive process that will allow for a sewer connection for the AGE strata properties to replace their existing septic system. Because the Village of Anmore does not provide sewer connections for other properties and has not been a member of the Greater Vancouver Sewerage and Drainage District (GVS&DD), a number of legislative requirements had to be met before the project could move forward.
It is important to note that the Village will not own or maintain the new sewer connection – it will be owned by the AGE Strata, which will be responsible for construction and all related service and connection costs. The sewer service is provided through the GVS&DD and the City of Port Moody is providing the sewer infrastructure connection to the GVS&DD regional system for discharge of effluent. School District 43 is also part of the agreements for the sewer project as the recommended route for the sewer connection infrastructure requires access to a right-of-way on School District property.
As part of its responsibilities, the Village has completed the following key legislative requirements:
- Council approved updates to the Official Community Plan (OCP) to allow for connections to the GVS&DD in April 2019. Click HERE to view the Official Community Plan News Release.
- Council has adopted two bylaws to support the sewer collection:
- Local Area Service Bylaw No 616-2020 (February 2020), which provides the legal mechanism necessary for the Village to establish a sewer service as well as a means to recover annual sewer fees on behalf of Metro Vancouver and the City of Port Moody.
- Local Are Service Bylaw No 616-2021 (February 2021), which relates to the AGE property owners’ acquisition of a School District 43 right of way to allow for completion and operation of the David Avenue regional sewer connection project, as well as the mechanism for the Village to collect a parcel tax for this use of land from AGE property owners on behalf of the School District.
- The provincial government approved the Village’s application for membership to the GVS&DD through an Order in Council in June 2020.
- The Metro Vancouver Board reviewed and approved the Village’s application for membership in July 2020. As part of its confirmed membership in the GVS&DD, the Village is also obliged to adopt the Metro Vancouver Liquid Waste Management Plan (LWMP) as its own. This LWMP has been approved by the Minister of Environment, subject to Metro Vancouver meeting a number of conditions, which they are well on their way to completing by the end of 2020.
NOTICE OF PARCEL TAX ROLL AUTHENTICATION
Public Notice is hereby given, pursuant to the requirements of the Community Charter, that a Parcel Tax Roll Review Panel “Panel” will sit in the Village of Anmore at 7:00 p.m., Tuesday, April 20, 2021, virtually via Zoom. If you wish to attend the Panel meeting or make an appointment prior to the meeting to review the Parcel Tax Roll during regular business hours 8:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Monday – Friday please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The Panel will review the Parcel Tax Roll prepared for the following bylaws:
- Bylaw 644-2021 – Anmore Green Estates Local Area Service
- Bylaw 645-2021 – Anmore Green Estates and School District 43 Local Area Service
The Panel shall hear complaints and may review and/or amend the Parcel Tax Assessment roll as to the following:
- An error or omission respecting a name or address on the parcel tax roll;
- An error or omission respecting inclusion of a parcel;
- An error or omission respecting the taxable area or a parcel;
- An exemption having been improperly allowed or disallowed.
In accordance with the Community Charter the Panel will only address appeals filed by the person who owns a parcel included on the parcel tax roll and only in relation to that person’s own property. In order to be considered for review, written amendment requests must be provided before 4 p.m. Friday, April 16, 2021 in one of the following ways:
- By email to email@example.com
- By Mail to 2697 Sunnyside Road, Anmore, BC V3H 5G9
- In person at Village Hall (mail slot) 2697 Sunnyside Road, Anmore, BC V3H 5G9
AGE Project Updates
Please click on the links below to see AGE Project Updates that provide a summary of the status of the AGE sewer project, including an overview of actions completed by the Village, a projected timeline and next steps.
AGE Local Area Service Petition Information Meeting – January 13, 2020
As part of the petition process for the Local Area Service Bylaw, the Village hosted a meeting with AGE property owners to answer questions about what is involved. The Village then provided a summary of the questions and answers from the meeting. Click HERE to view the Questions & Answers from the AGE Local Area Service Petition Public Information Meeting
AGE Town Hall – June 20, 2019
To help inform the community and answer questions about the project, the Village hosted an AGE Sewer Project Update Town Hall meeting. Please click on the links below to view the presentation boards and a summary of the questions and comments shared at the meeting.
More information to be posted as it becomes available.