As part of our ongoing improvements to multi-use pathways in the Village, we are happy to share that the construction of the pathway extension along Sunnyside Road begins February 16, 2024.
Here’s what to expect:
- Construction will be carried out on the eastbound/northbound side of Sunnyside Road from Summerwood Lane to Alder Avenue.
- There will be access for local traffic, but one lane will be closed. There may be periodic traffic delays, but the goal is to minimize inconvenience to residents and businesses while ensuring safe working conditions.
- The bus stops in the area will be relocated temporarily 70 meters west of the closure area to facilitate continual transit service.
- Garbage and recycling services will continue as usual along the route.
- The message board on Sunnyside Road has reached its end of life and will be permanently removed.
For more information on Multi-Use Path improvements, visit the Trails and Improvements Project page. For any concerns or further information, please feel free to contact Lafarge Canada Inc. at 604-521-8811.
We thank you for your patience during construction, and we look forward to being able to use the new multi-use pathway in our community!