Garbage & Recycling Services
Help Reduce Bear Attractants
Garbage and Recycling Bylaw Requirements
- Do not place collection carts at the curb side until 5:30 a.m. on collection day
- Lock and store carts by 10:00 p.m. on collection day.
- Remember to unlock your containers on collection day.
- Cart lids and locks must function properly – for repairs/replacement email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Tips to Reduce Bear Attractants
- Clean collection carts regularly to prevent odours and store them in a secure location (e.g. garage/shed).
- If carts cannot be stored securely, keep attractants like food scraps in the freezer until collection day.
- If you have a backyard compost, avoid putting food waste in.
- Thoroughly wash recyclable items before putting them in your blue bin.
- Pick all fruit as it ripens and do not leave windfall fruit on the ground.
- Only feed birds during the winter months.
- Feed pets indoors, or if fed outside, take in any leftover food.
- Keep barbecues clean and free from odours. Burn off the grill every use and clean out the grease traps.
- Manage compost so that there are equal amounts of brown and green materials to reduce odours.
Learn more from the BC Conservation Office presentation: Virtual Bear Aware Information Session
For additional tips on living with nature, please visit wildsafebc.com.
Waste Collection Priorities and Bylaw Enforcement
Anmore’s waste pickup contractor collects in high density areas first (such as Countryside Village).
To report a violation, please email the Bylaw Enforcement Officer HERE.
Anmore’s Waste Collection Services
Organic Collection: Lockable Green Cart
Recycling Collection : Blue Bins and Yellow Bags
Garbage Collection : Lockable Grey Cart
Organic waste and garbage carts are available in two different sizes:
- 120 litre cart: 56cm x 60cm x 1m (22″ x 24″ x 40″) ~ $140.00
- 240 litre cart: 66cm x 84cm x 1.1m (26″ x 33″ x 43″) ~ $151.00
For all collection questions, please contact GFL at: 604 529 4030 or visit their website.
To replace or repair your garbage or organics carts: Contact Village Hall.
For recycling containers or recycling bags: Contact GFL at: 604 529 4030.
To report a bear or any form of wildlife that poses a safety risk to themselves or the public: Call the Conservation Officer 24 Hour Hotline at 1-877-952-7277.
Excess garbage or organic waste: The Metro Vancouver Coquitlam Recycling and Waste Centre Centre (formerly Coquitlam Transfer Station) can accept excess recycling and composting (cost may apply). Visit their website for more information.
Please click HEREto review our Anmore Solid Waste Management Bylaw (strictly enforced).
Improve your waste division rate
Diversion rate refers to the percent of waste that is ‘diverted’ from the landfill to be either composted or recycled. Our goal is to bring landfill waste to zero.
We all know where waste doesn’t belong. Find out where it does using Metro-Vancouver Recycles
In August 2014, Smithrite (now GFL Environmental) was contracted by the Village to provide collection of our garbage and organic waste; and contracted by Multi Materials BC (MMBC), who manages all our recycling collection, for the collection of our recycling waste.