Property taxes are billed to all provincial residents once per year, and are payable by residents to their respective municipality. Property taxes are distributed in late May/early June and are due the beginning of July. If you haven’t received your property tax invoice or if you have any questions about how to claim your Home Owner Grant contact Village Hall.
Claiming your Home Owner Grant (HOG)
Before submitting your property tax payment, ensure you have completely filled in your Home Owner Grant information (if applicable). Your Home Owner Grant must be claimed by the due date on your property tax notice to avoid penalty. Should you have any question about whether you are eligible for the Home Owner Grant, visit the Provincial Government’s Home Owner Grant Qualification page for more information.
Did you know you can claim your Home Owner Grant online?
- Claim Electronic Home Owner Grant
- Enter your Roll Number and e-Hog Password as shown on your Property Tax Notice.
- Follow the prompts on your screen.
- Print the confirmation screen or make note of the authorization number. Keep this information on file as it is your proof of claim.
- You do not need to return the bottom stub of your Property Tax Notice if you claim your grant electronically.
How are property taxes calculated?
- Understanding Property Assessments & Property Taxes
- How Are Property Taxes Calculated
- How Are Taxes Calculated if Assessment Values Change
- British Columbia Property Assessments by Region
- BC Assessment’s website: www.bcassessment.ca
- BC Assessment’s e-valueBC website: https://evaluebc.bcassessment.ca
To contact BC Assessment, click here.
How do I pay for my property taxes?
Click here for information on property tax payment options.
Click here for information on how to enroll in our Pre-Authorized Debit (PAD) Plan
Want to view the 2018 Property Tax inserts?
Click here to view a copy of the 2018 Property Tax insert #1 included with your 2018 Property Tax notification
Click here to view a copy of the 2018 Property Tax insert #2 included with your 2018 Property Tax notification