Our Public Works team is responsible for the infrastructure side of Village services.
- Road Maintenance – fixing potholes, repairs, snow removal, managing contracted roadworks projects
- Trail Conservation – clearing trails, managing accessibility and safety concerns
- Managing our Water Services – meter readings, water concerns, installation of water meters
The municipality has no involvement in the sewerage system. Please contact the local health department for more information.
Check out our 2020 Community Improvement Projects HERE.
See how we’ve improved our trails HERE.
Snow Clearing Priorities
The Village has established priority routes when clearing roads during snowfall. This is to ensure that essential emergency response and transit routes are cleared first, followed by roads that have more traffic flow or are on steeper terrain. Road crews also pro-actively spread salt when temperatures are forecasted to drop to 2 degrees or below.
- Priority 1: East Road and Sunnyside Road are cleared first during a snowfall, and then continuously if the snow keeps falling.
- Priority 2: Once the Priority 1 routes are cleared, the side roads are cleared for travel.
- Priority 3: Once Priority 1 and 2 routes are cleared, the cleanup of cul-de-sacs, etc. is done.
Note to Residents: When snow is in the forecast and during a snow event, vehicles should be parked on driveways/properties instead of on the street wherever possible.
Contacting Public Works
Public Works Yard Office: 604-469-6622
After hours public works emergencies, contact: 604 817 7745
Do you think you have a water leak?
Click here for information on how to check for water leaks.
Note: It is the owners responsibility to test for water leaks. Owners will be responsible for all water fees incurred as a result of a water leak.